When you try to download e-Aadhaar, If you see ‘validity unknown’ icon on your e-Aadhaar letter, follow the Steps to Validate Digital Signatures of your Aadhaar Card. The procedure of How to Validate Digital Signatures is given below in step by step process.
Steps to Validate Digital Signatures
- Computer must be connected to internet whicle validating digital signature.
- Right click on the ‘validity unknown’ icon and click on ‘Validate Signature’.
- You will get the signature validation status window, click on ‘Signature Properties’.
- Click on ‘Show Certificate..’
- Verify that there is a certification path named ‘NIC sub-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’. This identifies ‘NIC sub-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’ as the owner of the digital certificate that has been used when signing the document.
- Mark the certification path named ‘NIC sub-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’, click the ‘Trust’ tab and then ‘Add to Trusted Identities’.
- Answer ‘OK’ to any security question that follows.
- Check(✓) the field for ‘Use this certificate as a trusted root’ and click ‘OK’ twice to close this and the next window.
- Click ‘Validate Signature’ to execute the validation.
Note: – Once ‘NIC sub-CA for NIC 2011, National Informatics Center’ has been as a Trusted Identity, any subsequent documents with digital signatures from CCA will be validated automatically when opened.
You can Validate Digital Signatures of your Aadhaar Letter by watching the video; https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/resources/how_to_validate_digital_Signature.webm
Aadhaar Important Links
If you have any doubt, write in below comment field.