Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA 2016) Application form likely available to download online form 6th May 2016 (Tentatively). The TNEA 2016 B.Tech admission brochure / prospects / Booklet / notification will be issued by the Anna University in May 1st Week. Once release the TNEA 2016 official notification by the Anna University Vice-chancellor and the Secretary of Tamilnadu engineering admissions, the exact dates will be updated very faster here.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) is the process through which more than 1.5 lakh engineering aspirants get themselves enrolled into engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu through single window counselling.
TNEA – 2016 Check Online Application Status Enquiry
The persons who are going to fill the TNEA 2016 online application from newly, you are suggested to mention your Group Code Carefully with accurate. There will be no change / not available edit group code option once you complete online registration and take print out of application form. Because there are many students did mistake to take group code, is you registered TNEA 2016 with Group Code wrongly then you need to apply again and fee payment also.
Last date for Registration of Online Application 24th May 2016
Last date for Submission of Filled-in Application 27th May 2016
TNEA 2016 Online Apply at : https://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2016/
New User Registration : https://tnea2016online.annauniv.edu/divam7/register.php
Edit Registration : https://tnea2016online.annauniv.edu/divam7/loge.php
(Only Registered Candidate can Sign in to Edit)
Already Registered Login at : https://tnea2016online.annauniv.edu/divam7/log.php
(Only Registered Candidate Sign In)
Online Registration Details
|Date as on||No.of Candidates Registered||No. of Candidates Paid|
|22nd May, 2016||218765||149460|
The candidates who qualified intermediate (10 + 2) with minimum pass percentage are eligible to apply for TNEA 2016. All the interested candidates who want to apply for TNEA 2016, may apply by sending application form on or before last date. Further information find below.
|Selection of the college and branch of study is the sole responsibility of the candidate.|
|Under Any Circumstances
(a) THE COLLEGE OR BRANCH ALLOTTED WILL NOT BE CHANGED
(b) THE LAST DATE FOR JOINING IN THE COLLEGE WILL NOT BE EXTENDED
|Candidates allotted during counselling will be given the provisional allotment order and a receipt for Rs. 5,000/- (or Rs.1,000/- in the case of SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu).|
Important dates :
|Issue of notification for Registration of Application through Online||14.04.2016|
|Commencement of Registration of Online Application||15.04.2016|
|Last date for Registration of Online Application||24.05.2016|
|Last date for submission of Online filled-in application||27.05.2016|
Important notes:All of above dates are not officially, it just tentative / expected / imagined dates. Candidates must wait for declare official notification upto May First week to checking exact dates for TNEA 2016.
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions purely known as TNEA
TNEA 2016 has been conducting by the Anna University on behalf of the Government of Tamilnadu
TNEA conducting for admissions into bachelor engineering courses in Tamilnadu state.
The candidates who passed Intermediate (Higher Secondary) Course by 2015 / 2016 are eligible to apply for TNEA 2016
TNEA 2016 application form will be available at Anna University and online also
The TNEA 2016 application form pack will have on information booklet guiding the students
The each and every application form already printed with unique application number
Applicants must and should remember their application unique number for counselling proceedings
If any candidate forget their application number then it would be hard to track your rank list, random number, counselling date.
The candidates who would like to join in B.Tech programmes (Bachelor Engineering courses) in Tamil Nadu State universities / institutions for academic session 2016-17, you must and should apply for TNEA 2016. Candidates can follow the below given instructions in order submit your TNEA 2016 application easily.
The application must and should required to passed Higher Secondary (Intermediate) in 2015 or 2016 passed out batches, are eligible for apply TNEA 2016. (Qualification : Intermediate / A pass in the HSC (Academic) or its equivalent with a minimum average percentage in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry)
TNEA Application Form Fee :
- For general candidates : Rs.500/-
- For SC/ ST Candidates : Rs.250/-
- The candidates can pay the registration fee either through online payment mode or by a demand draft.
- Demand Drafts should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University” payable at Chennai.
The eligible candidates can buy the application form along with information booklet at Anna University centre. Candidates can also able to download the application form through the university official website at https://www.annauniv.edu/.
- Candidates can fill the application form with your required information carefully, because the OMR sheets will be automatically processed by the Computer systems, based on application details. (There is no change to if you did any mistakes in application form)
- Candidates are required to send you application form along with relevant documents by speed post must reaches to university admissions centre on or before last date.
- Once the application is submitted you can check your application status at our website by entering your Application no and DOB.
Application must reaches to Address:
Candidates have to submit the online application either in person or by post along with photocopies of Mark Sheet(s), Proof of Age and copies of all other relevant certificates to the Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025 within 10 days from the publication of HSC results.
Mode of Selection
Admission to General Category: The selection of candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the prescribed subjects reduced to 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics + Chemistry – 100) in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates will be called for counselling in the order of their merit. Based on the merit and communal reservation, allotment of the branch/college chosen by the candidate will be made
- Candidates have to opt for colleges and branches that are available at the time of counselling
- Candidates have to pay an initial deposit of Rs.5000/- (Rs.1000/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu) by Cash or DD and produce all their original certificates when they attend counselling.
- The Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions 2016 counselling is a single window counselling which will carried out by the Anna University on behalf of the Government of Tamilnadu.
- The Bachelor Engineering course admissions in Tamil Nadu colleges purely based on merit
- The seats will be allotted based on the cutoff marks and the social equality quota prescribed by the Government of Tamilnadu.
- In Tamil Nadu state the Government engineering colleges Private engineering colleges, Government aided engineering colleges affiliated to Anna University participates in TNEA 2016 counseling.
- Candidates may get B.Tech / B.E. seat in any of above college.
The TNEA counselling will be conducted in three genre.
1) General Counselling
2) Vocational Counselling
3) Special Counselling (Sports, Differently abled, Ex-Serviceman children)
- The B. E. & B. Tech. Degree Course Seats in University Departments and Constituent Colleges of Anna University
- The B. E. Degree Course Seats in Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering (Tamil Medium) in University Departments and Constituent Colleges of Anna University.
- The B. E. & B. Tech. Degree Course Seats in Government, Government Aided and Seats surrendered by Self-Financing Engineering Colleges.
(i) Seats in Government Engineering Colleges
(ii) Seats in Aided courses in Government Aided Engineering Colleges
(iii) Seats in Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi
(i) Seats in Self-Supporting courses in Government Aided Engineering Colleges
(ii) Seats surrendered by Self Financing Engineering Colleges
(iii) Seats in Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET)
|Course Offered||Course Duration|
|B. E. / B. Tech.||4 Academic years comprising of 8 semesters|
|B. E. (Sandwich)||5 Academic years comprising of 10 semesters|
Allocation of Seats
Selection shall be made under seven categories namely OC, BC, BCM (BC Muslim), MBC & DNC, SC, SCA and ST reservation following the rules of reservation of Government of Tamil Nadu as follows.
69 % Rule of Reservation
|Backward Class Muslim||3.50%|
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20.00%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3.00%|
If any candidates have queries regarding above topic, please write in below comment box. We will check and answer you as soon as possible.
2016 Tentative Dates
|Date of declaration of Intermediate (Plus Two) Results||May first week (in 2016 year declared on 7th May, 2015)|
|TNEA 2016 Official Notification issue||4th May, 2016|
|TNEA 2016 Application form with booklet sale from||6th May, 2016|
|TNEA Application submission start from||6th May, 2016|
|Last date to application submission by post||29th May, 2016|
|Random Number will be published on||15th June, 2016|
|Merit list will be available from||19th June, 2016|
|General Counselling start from||1st July, 2016|
|Vocational Counselling would be held in||July 1st week|
|Sports counselling would be held along with the Vocational Counselling in||July 1st Week|