Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC) Conducting the National Eligibility Test (NET) on 22nd January 2017 for eligible candidates. National Eligibility Test 2017 conducting for Eligibility of Assistant Professor Both in Indian Universities and Colleges. CBSE will conduct NET 2017 in 84 subjects at 90 selected NET Examination Cities spread across the country (Click here to check the exam center list). The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor. The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET.
|Commencement of online application form submission||17th October 2016|
|Last date for online application submission||16th November 2016|
|Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank challan , at any branch of (Syndicate / Canara / ICICI / HDFC Bank)or through credit/debit card||17th November 2016|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website||22nd-29th November, 2016|
|Uploading of NET Admit Cards||21st December 2016|
|Date of NET Examination||22nd January 2016 (SUNDAY)|
CBSE on behalf of UGC conduct the National Eligibility Test (NET)
NET for Assistant Professor both in Indian universities and colleges
NET question paper questions come from 84 various subjects (Click here for subjects)
NET Examination conduct at 90 selected Cities spread across the country
NET Test has three question papers those are following Paper-I, Paper-II & Paper-III
CBSE will provide merit for NET Exam in Three papers separately (Click here to find cut-off)
Candidate’s performance will be calculated based on their performance in all three papers of NET
Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
After completion of UGC-NET test the result will be made shortly available on the websites: www.cbsenet.nic.in
For SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC candidate will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the UGC
|Date of Examination||22.01.2017
|a) Entry in the Examination Hall||07.00 AM (IST)||10.45 AM (IST)||01.30 PM (IST)|
|b) Distribution of Test Booklet||09.15 AM(IST)||11.05 AM (IST)||01.50 PM (IST)|
|c) Seal of the Test Booklet to be broken/opened to take out the Answer Sheet||09.25 AM(IST)||11.10 AM (IST)||01.55 PM (IST)|
|d) Last entry in the Examination Hall||09.30 AM (IST)||11.15 AM (IST)||02.00 PM (IST)|
|e) Test commences||09.30 AM(IST)||11.15 AM (IST)||02.00 PM (IST)|
|f) Test concludes||10.45 AM (IST)||12.30 PM(IST)||04.30 PM (IST)|
|For general candidates||Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste(SC) / Scheduled Tribe(ST) / persons with disability(PWD) category candidates|
|The applicant must have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in their Post Graduation OR equivalent examination from universities / institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc.||The candidates must have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination.|
- The candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificates / documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE.
Age Limit & Relaxation:
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- The applicant not more than 28 years as on 1st January 2017.
- A relaxation up to 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to OBC (Non- creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in ) SC/ST/PWD categories and to women applicants.
- Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. Total age relaxation on the above ground(s) shall not exceed five years under any circumstances.
For Assistant Professor:
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Examination Fee and Mode of Payment:
|Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer), as per the Central list of OBC available on website: www.ncbc.nic.in||Rs.300/-|
How to Apply:
The eligible and interested candidates can apply for UGC-NET, January, 2017 Test through online mode only on the CBSE website: www.cbsenet.nic.in. Candidates can find Steps for Submission of Online Application Form at below.
Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the scanned images of Passport size photograph and signature.
- Now open the website www.cbsenet.nic.in and click on “online apply” and fill your details.
- Now you can verify all the details which entered by you and then click to submit it
- Now you have to select the application fee payment mode credit / debit card or through e-challan and pay the fee.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough.
- CBSE will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during last days.
The successfully applicants for UGC NET 2017 are advised to download their admission card / admit card / hall ticket at online official website www.cbsenet.nic.in in from third week of December, 2016. No admission cards will be sent to the candidates by post.
Note: The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printout of online admission card on the day of examination.
Further details find at http://cbsenet.nic.in/cms/public/home.aspx
If any candidates have queries regarding above topic, please comment us at below. (or) contact you CBSE UGC NET office at below given contact details.
E-mail : email@example.com
Telephone : 7042399520 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529