National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2017 will be conduct by the Council of Architecture (COA) on 16-April-2017 (11 AM to 2 PM) at below mentioned 69 major cities through India. The eligible candidates who interested to apply for NATA 2017, you may check the NATA 2017 exam centers, in order to select the exam center cities in NATA 2017 online registration form. Also candidates can check the instructions for National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2017 at below
Important dates :
Online registration start from : 24th December 2016
Last date to online registration : 29th January 2017 by 11:59 PM
Date of issue Admit card : 26th March 2017 from 10:30 AM
Date and Time of Examination : 16th April 2017 (11 AM to 2 PM)
Date of Publication of NATA Results : By 10th June, 2017
Official website : www.nata.in & www.coa.gov.in
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (30 Qs)||30×2||60|
|General Aptitude (30 Qs)||30×2||60|
|Drawing (2 Qs)||2×40||80|
- All the booklets will be served at the beginning in one folder
- MCQ answer sheet (OMR) will be withdrawn after 90 minutes
- It is to be noted carefully that the candidates must fill in as well as bubble in ALL the relevant information including the “Question Booklet No” at the indicated places on OMR Answer Sheet, Drawing Sheets and Attendance Sheet during examination.
- The MCQ Type question paper consists of only one option is correct and correct response will yield 2 (two) marks.
- There is no negative marking, but wrong answering will be penalized in case of tie breaking, as elaborated below.
- Answers to both parts must be provided on same OMR sheet, which is specially designed machine readable response sheet.
- ANSWERS ARE TO BE MARKED (BUBBLED) USING BLUE/BLACK BALL POINT PEN ONLY ON THE ‘OMR ANSWER SHEET’.
Candidate has to attempt two questions within 90 minutes and the question paper carries maximum of 80 Marks.
The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects
Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner;
Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
Sense of perspective drawing;
Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition;
Understanding of scale and proportions;
Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
The Answer to each question in the ‘drawing’ paper will be examined by more than one examiner
|Subject||Questions||Marks||Mode of Exam|
|Mathematics & General Aptitude||Mathematics||30||60||MCQ (OMR based)|
|General Aptitude||30||60||MCQ (OMR based)|
|Drawing test||2||80||Paper and Pencil|
The allocation of examination centre spread across all state capitals and other selected cities subject to availability of at-least 250 students in general. Cities will be based on the choices given by the candidate during online form fill-up. However, discretion of the Council in allocation of examination centre shall be final. No request for change of allocated center will be entertained under any circumstances
|State||City Name||City Code|
|ANDAMAN & NICOBAR||PORT BLAIR||01|
|JAMMU & KASHMIR||JAMMU||22|
The candidates who are going to appear for National Aptitude Test in Architecture 2017, you have to follow the below mentioned instructions at the time of examination.
- The Examination Hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- Candidates are expected to take their seats immediately after the opening of Examination Hall.
- If the candidates do not report in time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions to be announced in the Examination Hall.
- No candidate will be allowed in examination hall after 15 minutes of commencement of test.
i. Downloaded Admit Card of NATA 2017,
ii. One copy of photograph, same as the one uploaded;
iii. Black f Blue Ball Point Pen, pencil, eraser, colour pencils (Not water/oil colour or crayon)
iv. Candidates are advised to bring with them a cardboard or a clip board on which nothing should be written, so that they have no difficulty in filling responses in the Answer Sheet even if the tables provided in the examination room/hall do have smooth surface.
- Candidates must show on demand the Admit Card (NATA-2017) for admission to the Examination Hall.
- A candidate not possessing print out of the downloaded admit card along with the photograph and one photo identity proof shall not be allowed to enter in the Examination Hall by the Center-in-Charge.
- A seat indicating Roll No. will be allocated to each candidate.
- Candidates must find out and occupy their allocated seat.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except those listed under. SL.No.-2 inside examination Hall.
- Mobile Phones, Bluetooth devices, Calculators, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of Calculator are not allowed in the Examination Hall.
- Possession of such items during the Examinations may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre-in-Charge or the invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Hall until the duration of examination for a paper is over.
- Candidate should not leave the hall without handing over their OMR sheet to the invigilator on duty; this may otherwise lead to cancellation of the concerned paper.
If any candidates have queries regarding above topic, please comment us below. Thank you.